rstudio::conf, the conference on all things R and RStudio, will take place January 17 and 18, 2019 in Austin, Texas, preceded by Training Days on January 15 and 16. We are pleased to announce that this year’s conference includes contributed talks and e-posters!
There are fifteen contributed talk slots which are 20 minutes long, and are scheduled alongside talks by RStudio employees and invited speakers. We expect most talks to be attended by 400+ people, and are looking for interesting topics and engaging speakers.
Twenty e-posters will be shown during the opening reception on Thursday evening: we’ll provide a big screen, power, internet, drinks and snacks; you’ll provide a laptop with an innovative display or demo. Posters are a great opportunity to showcase your work and engage one-on-one with other attendees. The opening reception is open to all conference attendees, and was very well attended last year.
We are particularly interested in submissions that have one or more of these qualities:
- Showcase the use of R and RStudio’s tools to solve real problems.
- Expand the tidyverse to reach new domains and audiences.
- Combine R with other world class tools, like python, tensorflow, and spark.
- Communicate using R, whether it’s building on top of RMarkdown, Shiny, ggplot2, or something else altogether.
- Discuss how to teach R effectively.
If accepted, you’ll receive complementary registration for the conference. (If you have already registered, we’ll refund your registration.)
Applications close Sept 15, and you’ll be notified of our decision on Oct 1.