We’re excited to announce the general availability of RStudio 1.1. Highlights include:
- A connections tab which makes it easy to connect to, explore, and view data in a variety of databases.
- A terminal tab which provides fluid shell integration with the IDE, xterm emulation, and even support for full-screen terminal applications.
- An object explorer which can navigate deeply nested R data structures and objects.
- A new, modern dark theme and Retina-quality icons throughout.
- Dozens of other small improvements and bugfixes.
- Support for floating licenses, which make it easy to run RStudio Server Pro in Docker containers, virtual machines, and cloud computing instances.
- Improved session management, which allows analysts to label, multi-select, force quit and otherwise self-manage their R sessions.
- Tools for administrators, including the ability to send users notifications and automatically clean up unused sessions, freeing disk space and resources.